In the past few months I’ve tried to increase the amount (number of books) I read. One, it helps with this problem. Two, it increases knowledge - both specific and general. And three, it gives me something to talk about with others.
I thought I would share with you the books I’ve read. I recommend all of them, otherwise I probably wouldn’t share them with you. But obviously I recommend some more than others, so I’m including the official 128 Star (★) Rating. One ★ means you might not want to read it unless you’re just really bored. Five ★’s means “Don’t miss this. Go buy it right now.
In no particular order:
- A Million Miles in a Thousand Years — Donald Miller. ★★★★
- Outliers: The Story of Success — Malcolm Gladwell. ★★★★★
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference — Malcolm Gladwell. ★★★
- Forgotten God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit — Francis Chan. ★★★
- Counterfeit Gods — Tim Keller. ★★★★
- The Prodigal God — Tim Keller. ★★★
- Seeing God in the Ordinary — Michael Frost. ★★★
- HTML5 for Web Designers — Jeremy Keith. ★★★
Outliers is a game changer. It will cause you to look at the world around you very differently. The HTML5 book has a limited audience, but the others are suitable to anyone really and can be found on Amazon.